top of page

Cley Parish Council

About the Parish Council

Cley is a parish in the District of North Norfolk. Our Parliamentary Constituency is North Norfolk. There are currently 375 residents on the electoral role. The Parish Council has 7 members and a part time Parish Clerk and Responsible Financial Officer.


Our members are elected to the Council every 4 years. Elections will take place again in May 2023. We have a Chairman who is elected annually.

We have a District Councillor, Cllr Victoria Holliday (CPC Chair), who represents us at North Norfolk District Council. We are part of the Coastal Ward of the District Council. We also have a County Councillor, Cllr Eric Vardy who represents us at the County Council as part of the Holt division.

Cley Parish Councillors

Cllr Dr Victoria Holliday (Chairman and District Cllr)

Knoll House
Church Lane
NR25 7UD
Telephone: 01263 740348


Cllr Richard Allen (Vice Chairman)

102 High Street
NR25 7NX
Telephone: 07920 520554

Cllr Timothy Baker

Shingle Flat, 5 Westgate Street
NR25 7NQ
Telephone: 01263 740529

Cllr Richard C High

2 Glandford Road
NR25 7TR
Telephone: 01263 740872

Cllr Judith Holman

The Bungalow
Church Lane
NR25 7UD
Telephone: 01263 740073

Cllr Roy Williamson

6 Glandford Road


NR25 7TR

Telephone: 01263 740901

Cllr Richard Deane 

Newgate Green



Village Hall

The Role of a Councillor


A councillor is a member of the council and is normally elected for a term of four years.  People of any political or religious persuasion are eligible to become a councillor, although their personal views should not extend into their parish council work. A councillor is an unpaid voluntary role.

They are elected to represent the interests of the local community as a whole and promote a harmonious local environment. The number of elected councillors depends on the size of the area. In Cley we are able to have 7 councillors.


Local councils are the first tier of governance and are the first point of contact for anyone concerned with a community issue. They are democratically elected local authorities and exist in England, Wales and Scotland. The term ‘local council’ is synonymous with ‘parish council’, ‘town council’ and ‘community council’.

Planning Matters


Wanting to make a planning application or concerns about a planning application?

Planning applications and advice on planning matters such as extensions to your house, are obtainable from North Norfolk District Council. Planning applications can be viewed on the NNDC web-site.

The Parish Council will be consulted by the District Council about planning applications. Planning is advertised on site and on the parish council notice board.

If you wish to comment about any application you should write to Planning Services, Council Offices, Holt Road, Cromer, NR27 9EN and send a copy of your letter to the Parish Council.

bottom of page